Conditions of Entry
- All entries must have been printed between 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
- All entries must be accompanied by the relevant entry fee ($50* per entry, GST inclusive, for Print & Visual Communication Association members, $80* per entry, GST inclusive, for non-Print & Visual Communication Association members. *Entry fee subject to processing fees.
- Entries should be addressed and delivered to:
Attn: Debrah King, C/- Bottcher Systems – Unit 18, 364-384 Woodpark Road, Smithfield NSW 2164
- Entries are open to all Australian based companies, individuals or associations involved in area of print production, including: Advertising agencies, art and design studios, advertisers and clients, printing companies, pre-press companies, print finishing, paper merchants, design students, or any other person or company associated with the production of print.
- Two (2) samples of each entry are required where possible. Where original work cannot but submitted (e.g. large scale signage), a high resolution image of the work should be entered, along with a small sample (1mx1m maximum) of the original work. Digital components of entries should be submitted via https://bit.ly/PrintAwardsAU
- There is no restriction on the type of stock used or the method of printing. Imported stock, artwork or photographs from overseas sources are acceptable. Reproduction film and printing and finishing however, must be produced in Australia.
- An official entry form must be completed for each entry. Please supply typed or clearly written details. Forms must be fully completed and make recognition of all contributing sources, with accurate spelling as the details submitted on the entry will be used as copy for the award book and certificates. The committee accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies in the details submitted.
- Entries of value should be insured by the entrant. Although every care is taken, PVCA accepts no responsibility for any entry that is lost or damaged whilst in their possession or in transit.
- All entries will be retained by the PVCA. However, if you require your entry to be returned, you must stipulate this on the entry form. Entries can be collected in person or by courier, to be arranged by the entrant. All entries that aren’t noted “to be returned” become the property of the PVCA and will be donated at the end of the awards programme.
- Entries are restricted to six entries per category, per company. Companies may enter as many categories as they choose. In the event a company enters more than this number in a single category, a panel of judges will determine which six should go onto the main judging in that category, or will reassign entries to a different category if possible.
- The judges’ decision will be final. Each entry will be considered and evaluated for print quality. Judging is based on excellence of print quality achieved. The submitted sample will be assumed to be representative of the total run. The judges may also reclassify any entry where it is not to the disadvantage of the entrant.
- Entries, regardless of category or format, that promote any organisation within a scope of the printing industry, or which feature the printing company or entrant’s name as a prominent feature of the entry, will be classified as “self-promotion”.
- Entries close on April 22, 2022 and no further entries will be accepted. All entries must be shipped and received by Friday April 29th, 2022. Submissions received after the 29th will not be accepted.